Navigating Nut Allergies at Dunkin’ Donuts
Hey there, at Dunkin’ Donuts, they’re all about making sure everyone can enjoy their goodies, especially if you’ve got allergies. This guide is your go-to for understanding how nuts play into the Dunkin’ Donuts scene if you’re allergic to them.
What’s the Deal with Nuts at Dunkin’ Donuts?
Alright, so no donuts at Dunkin’ have peanuts, but heads up, some might carry other nuts like almonds, pecans, or hazelnuts. Also, be cautious with certain drinks like hazelnut coffee that might sneak in some nuts.
Dunkin’ Donuts and Allergies: What’s Their Policy?
Dunkin’ Donuts knows that some of their treats might have nuts or could be made in places where nuts hang out. They do their best to keep things separate, but they can’t guarantee that everything is completely nut-free.
Preventing Nut Contamination: Dunkin’ Donuts’ Measures
The Dunkin’ crew gets serious training on handling food allergies to avoid any mixing. They use different tools for nutty and non-nutty stuff, and everything gets a thorough clean after use.
Staying Safe with a Nut Allergy: Your Action Plan
- Let the Dunkin’ team know about your allergy—it’s like giving them a heads up.
- Ask them about the ingredients and how they whip up their treats.
- Keep an eye out for any chance of nuts sneaking into your order.
- Always keep your emergency meds, like an EpiPen, close by, just in case.
- Dunkin’ Donuts Allergen Statement: https://www.dunkindonuts.com/content/dam/dd/pdf/allergy_ingredient_guide.pdf
- Food Allergy Research & Education (FARE): https://www.foodallergy.org/
- National Peanut Allergy Board: https://nationalpeanutboard.org/peanut-allergy/
- American Academy of Pediatrics: https://www.healthychildren.org/English/health-issues/conditions/allergies-asthma/Pages/Allergies.aspx