A chutney is what we eat with the meal to make it more spicy or delicious.
Grapefruit chutney is what we add to the food such as pickles, spices, and salt to make it delicious.
It has a sweet and sour taste with a good fragrance.
It is a good source of Vitamin A and C and bioflavonoids.
In this article, I’m gonna share with you some tasty recipes for grapefruit chutney.
Grapefruit Chutney Recipes
Have you ever tried a grapefruit chutney? I’ve brought a healthy and tasty grapefruit chutney recipe for you.
It is found light, healthy, and good for the digestive system.
Grapefruit chutney is easy to make.
It will take only 20mins. So let’s begin with the ingredients.
The ingredients are:
- Peeled ruby red grapefruit
- Diced red pepper
- Diced small jalapeno pepper
- Grated fresh ginger
- Thinly Sliced mint leaves
- Chopped cup cilantro
- Olive oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Pepper and salt for taste
Take a bowl and mix all the ingredients. Cover it and leave it for 40 minutes. Stir after some time.
Grapefruit chutney is ready to eat with your favorite food.
Spicy Grapefruit Chutney
There isn’t much difference between grapefruit chutney and spicy grapefruit chutney.
Just add some more spices in the grapefruit chutney to make it spicy. Ingredients are:
- Peeled red grapefruit and chopped with seed
- Cinnamon sticks, half broke
- Peppercorns, coarsely crushed
- Minced ginger
- Kohser salt or sea salt
- Organic cane sugar
- Chopped walnuts
- Livekombucha or whey
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Then take a jar with a tight covering that no air can go inside.
Leave it for 2 or 3 days at room temperature. Then place it in the refrigerator for two weeks to for further fermentation and the process of breaking down.
Spicy grapefruit chutney is ready to eat and take it with your favorite meal or eat it with paratha.
Grapefruit Indian Pickle Recipe
Ingredients for the grapefruit pickle are
- Chopped grapefruit
- Salt for taste
- Turmeric powder
- Lemon juice
- Red chilly powder
- Sesame oil
- Sliced garlic
Now use these ingredients to make pickles of grapefruit.
Take salt, lemon juice, turmeric powder, and chilly powder in a jar and mix well. Then leave it for a day.
The next day, heat the oil in the pan, then cool it and mix this oil with a mixture of grapefruit.
Now you keep it in the fridge and if you use curd with it the taste will be awesome.
Lemon And Grapefruit Chutney
This is a mouth-watering chutney with a bitter-sweet taste patterned with mustard seeds and small pieces of citrus fruit.
The ingredients are:
- Salt for taste
- Mustard seeds
- white wine
Scrub and chop the lemons with flesh and peel, remove any hard seeds.
Make a layer of onion and citrus fruit in a bowl.
Then cover it and leave it for a day.
The next day, take a saucepan and place the onion and grapefruit directly without removing the water.
Then add the remaining ingredients and mix them well in the saucepan.
Boil slowly at low temperature for 2 hours until chutney is dense and dark.
When it comes hot to warm, make the jar free from the bacteria and immediately seal it after pouring the chutney into it.
If you want to enjoy a homemade sauce or spice to add flavor to the food then you can easily make a homemade grapefruit marmalade.
Marmalade is a delicious sweet sauce mostly used in breakfast, the best way to start a day with sweets.
Grapefruit Marmalade Recipe
A homemade grapefruit marmalade recipe is very old and mostly made by the grandmothers.
The ingredients of grapefruit marmalade are very simple.
Now start making marmalade with these ingredients. It will take two days to cook.
- Cut the grapefruit and lemon into slices and remove the seeds.
- Take a bowl,add some water in it, cover that bowl with a lid and keep aside at night.
Immerse the fruit gives two benefits. First it softs the peel of the fruit and second it releases the gelatin, a substance that is used to set the jam.
- Then the next day, add fruit and water to a saucepan and cook it till the peel becomes soft.
- Now add some sugar in it and stir.
- Check it after 10 minutes to make sure that the marmalade is cooked better.
- Take a spoonful of marmalade on a cold plate.
- To check the accuracy of the marmalade, use a candy thermometer.
- Once it reaches the maximum setting point, turn the flame off and allow it to cool down.
- Equally distribute the marmalade into the jars and fruit will come on the top of the marmalade.
- Finally the grapefruit marmalade is ready to eat.
Ayurvedic Peach Chutney
Peach is used to make a fruit salad or either it is used with seeds or nuts.
Peaches are also used to cook with vegetables.
But have you ever heard of peach chutney? It’s very delicious and tasty.
Here is a delicious, healthy, and simple recipe for ayurvedic peach chutney.
- Hot water
- Maple syrup
- Almond/ peanut butter
- Fresh Lemon juice / Orange juice
Take a saucepan and mix all the ingredients on normal heat for 20 minutes with slightly stirring.
When the fragrance of spices comes out, it means it has been cooked.
stop the stove and add some cilantro and chives.
Keep it in a bowl, cover it and leave it at room temperature till needed.
After that, place it in a jar and store it in the fridge.
Serve this delicious ayurvedic peach chutney with dal and rice and other vegetables.
Peach is liked by everyone because it is a summer delight fruit.
- It belongs to the sub-sour fruit.
- It is helpful in digestion while gradually cleaning the liver.
- Peaches are rich in fiber,also contain Vitamin A and best for eye sightedness.