This Intermittent Fasting Diet Plan is also nutritionally balanced and provides a variety of Indian foods to choose from. It is important to note that these are just sample plans, and you can adjust them to fit your own dietary needs and preferences.
7-day intermittent fasting diet plan for Indian food: Sample 1
Here is a sample 7-day intermittent fasting diet plan for Indian food, following the 16:8 method:
Eating window: 12:00 PM – 8:00 PM Fasting window: 8:00 PM – 12:00 PM
- Lunch: Chana masala and roti
- Dinner: Chicken tikka masala and basmati rice
- Lunch: Vegetable biryani and yogurt
- Dinner: Lentil soup and whole-wheat naan
- Lunch: Palak paneer and roti
- Dinner: Fish curry and rice
- Lunch: Khichdi (savory porridge made with rice and lentils) and raita (yogurt condiment)
- Dinner: Chicken kebabs and roasted vegetables
- Lunch: Chole bhature (chickpea curry and fried bread)
- Dinner: Tandoori chicken and naan
- Lunch: Aloo gobi (potato and cauliflower curry) and roti
- Dinner: Dal makhani (creamy black lentil curry) and rice
- Lunch: Idli sambar (steamed rice cakes and lentil stew)
- Dinner: Masala dosa (fermented crepe filled with potato and onion curry)
7-day intermittent fasting diet plan for Indian food: Sample 2
Here is another sample 7-day intermittent fasting diet plan for Indian food, following the 16:8 method:
Eating window: 12:00 PM – 8:00 PM Fasting window: 8:00 PM – 12:00 PM
- Lunch: Vegetable upma (savory semolina dish) with yogurt
- Dinner: Paneer tikka masala and roti
- Lunch: Quinoa salad with chickpeas and cucumber
- Dinner: Fish curry and brown rice
- Lunch: Moong dal khichdi (lentil porridge) with raita
- Dinner: Chicken kebabs and grilled vegetables
- Lunch: Vegetable pulao (savory rice dish) with dal makhani
- Dinner: Salmon tandoori and naan
- Lunch: Vegetable poha (flattened rice) with yogurt
- Dinner: Palak paneer and roti
- Lunch: Quinoa and vegetable stir-fry
- Dinner: Chicken biryani and raita
- Lunch: Idli sambar and coconut chutney
- Dinner: Masala dosa
Some changes may appear after intermittent fasting
- Muscle mass will increase
- Body fat will decrease
- Informality increase
- In training, time will be decreased
Methods Of Intermittent Fasting
There are many methods of intermittent fasting or eating patterns. Some most famous methods are:
1. 16-8 Method
In this method, you are strictly bound to eat between 8 hours, and the remaining 16 hours you have to avoid eating and do fasting.
This method is also known as Leangains protocols. A person must avoid breakfast and limit the eating time to 8 hours.
2. 5:2 Diet
In this method, you can eat five days as normal but limit your calories to two days a week. i.e Tuesday and Thursday.
The calories intake should be between 500 to 600 calories.
In this method, you can eat half-day and fast half-day means 12 hours for eating and 12 hours for fasting. If you are doing breakfast at 7 a.m then the next meal will be eaten at 7 p.m.
In this method, you have to fast for 20 hours and eat only for 4 hours.
In this method, you can eat for six days And one day you have to do fasting and not eat for 24 hours.
Basically, in intermittent eating, you will decrease the intake of calories which may reduce the weight.
But this method only works when you will follow it properly and do not overeat on junk food.
6. Alternate Day Fasting
In this method, you may eat normally but the next day you will eat one meal and the rest of the day you will do fast.
This continuous alternate day fasting gives a rapid result. It will experience the same meal as a normal day meal but it will help in weight loss.
7. Weekly Fasting
In weekly fasting, you can eat normally six days a week and fast on one day. As you may skip two innings or fast for the whole day 24 hours.
This method does not help in weight loss but it will help in maintaining the body’s health. This will lead to a regular intermittent eating pattern.
8. Monthly Fasting
In this method, you can fast 24 hours a month or 24 hours without eating. This will help you to realize that fast 24 hours a month will help you to maintain your mental health and it will give no harm to the body.
Although most people follow the method of 16-8 because this method is feasible and sustainable and also this method is admirable.
Is This Intermittent Fasting Good For Health
To understand the phenomenon first examine the activity of cellular and hormonal levels while intermittent fasting. Many changes occur at molecular and cellular levels.
For example, in intermittent fasting, the body starts adjusting the hormonal levels that make it possible to store more body fat easily. Then cells start to repair processes and switch gene expression. Here are a few changes that may occur while fasting.
- Skyrocket hormones also called human growth hormones raise more than 5 times which helps muscles gain and lose fat.
- Improvement of Insulin sensitivity and due to intermittent fasting the insulin level decreases notably which may help to store the fat of the body that make the access easy.
- During fast, cells start to generate a cellular repair. An example of cell repair is autophagy. Autophagy is the process of removal and digestion of old cells and also inhibited proteins that are present inside.
- Intermittent fasting helps in the gene expression changes which encourages survival and gives safety against many diseases.
Although all these changes occur in the cell, hormone, and levels of gene expression which may contribute to the health benefits of this method.
Intermittent Fasting Helps In Weight Loss
Most people do intermittent fasting because they want to do weight loss by following this plan. Eating fewer meals, intermittent fasting help in decreasing the intake of calories. This will lead to hormonal and insulin levels that support weight loss.
By this method, the weight loss is noticeable and effective because this method can reduce the weight by up to 7% and decrease the fat of waist and belly which help in reducing the rate of diseases.
Always remember that exercise is important in an intermittent fasting diet plan for weight loss and muscle gain. But do not overeat on the allowed days.
Benefits Of Intermittent Fasting
Intermittent fasting has good effects on both animals and plants related to weight loss and brain and body health. The benefits are as follows:
1. Insulin Resistance
Intermittent fasting decreases the resistance of insulin and also helps in reducing the level of blood sugar up to 6% and reduces the insulin level up to 31%. This method gives remarkable protection from type 2 diabetes.
Fasting will help in increasing the lifespan of humans and animals. As research shows that fasting increases the lifespan up to 83% longer in comparison to those who didn’t fast.
3. Brain Health
Brain-derived neurotrophic factor or BDNF hormone increases in the brain during fasting and this will help to lead the production of new neurons in the brain and give protection against Alzheimer’s disease.
Fasting also helps in the reduction of inflammation markers which are the key symptoms of several chronic diseases.
5. Heart Health
Fasting will help in reducing all risk factors related to heart diseases such as LDL cholesterol, Inflammation, the resistance of insulin, and blood triglycerides.
6. Weight Loss
The most noticeable benefit is weight loss. By intermittent fasting, you may reduce belly fat and visceral fat.
Exercise During Intermittent Fasting
- Heart exercises help in targeting the fat that is kept in the body.
- Working out during intermittent fasting gives a good result. But if you are not feeling comfortable then start the exercise after the meal.
- Don’t do exercise before sleeping because it will resist the sleeping pattern.
- Drink green tea or black coffee before one hour of the workout. Because the caffeine in coffee and antioxidants in green tea speed up the metabolic and help in weight loss.
Intermittent fasting is good but it is risky also as there will be many problems that occur during and after intermittent fasting.
The problems are tiredness, irritability, and headache, and also the deficiency of water may be possible in the body if you don’t drink the water to fulfill the need.
Muscle breakdown also happens instead of muscle building because of the diet plan or eating pattern as the timings were out for the energy cycle. In the period of weight, cycling food will not provide the nutritional advantages as they have.
Although it is best to do intermittent fasting to the advice of a dietitian because it is not for everyone. It is only for those who want to lose weight and for a healthy diet.