Yes, you certainly can. Chicken Cutlets freeze extremely well, with a shelf life of up to 9 months. It would keep it frozen at 0°F. You can’t be sure, though, that your freezer kept that temperature. Do not freeze chicken cutlets for longer than 3 months for optimal results.
Ways to freeze chicken cutlets & Breaded Chicken Cutlets
Cutlets of chicken can be utilized in a variety of ways. Because freezing chicken cutlets are so simple, the only thing you have to worry about is preventing freezer burn.
Freezer burn occurs when chicken cutlets are frozen for an extended period. While freezer burnt food is still safe to consume, the loss of taste and flavor that the freezer burn has produced cannot be overlooked. When freezing chicken cutlets, the most important thing to remember is to avoid freezer burn.
Freezing Chicken Cutlets: Easy Steps
To freeze chicken cutlets easily, just wrap each one in plastic wrap or freezer paper. Then, put them in a zip-top freezer bag. Squeeze out the air, close the bag, and write the date and what’s inside. Keep them frozen for up to 3 months.
Preparing Frozen Chicken Cutlets for Cooking
When you want to cook the chicken cutlets, let them thaw in the fridge overnight. After that, you can cook them however you like—bake, fry, or grill.
Helpful Tips for Freezing Chicken Cutlets:
- Make sure the cutlets are completely dry before freezing. This stops them from getting freezer burn.
- If you plan to put breading on the cutlets before cooking, do it before freezing. This saves time when you’re ready to cook.
- Always label the freezer bag with the date and what’s inside. This helps you know how long they’ve been frozen and prevents accidentally refreezing thawed chicken.
How long should frozen chicken be cooked?
For cooking purposes, Frozen chicken always takes more time, like 50% longer than the chicken unfrozen. At 350°F, unfrozen chicken breasts normally take 20-30 minutes. So as compared with the unfrozen chicken, it takes 30-40 minutes.
Cooking Ideas for Frozen Chicken Cutlets
Now, here are some ways to cook frozen chicken cutlets:
- Bake them in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes, or until they’re cooked all the way through.
- Fry them in a pan on medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they’re cooked through.
- Grill them on medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until they’re cooked through.