Yes, you can use yellow broccoli in soup. In fact, it is a great way to use up broccoli that is starting to turn yellow. Yellow broccoli is still safe to eat, but it may be slightly bitter. Cooking it in soup is a good way to mask the bitterness and enhance the flavor of the broccoli.
What is a quick and easy way to make yellow broccoli soup? A: Boil broccoli in broth, Puree
What other vegetables can you add to yellow broccoli soup? A: Onions, garlic, carrots, celery
What can you season yellow broccoli soup with? A: Salt, pepper, herbs, spices
Simple recipe for yellow broccoli soup:
- 1 head yellow broccoli
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup milk (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the yellow broccoli into florets and peel the stem. Cut the stem into small pieces.
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and vegetable broth to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender.
- If desired, add the milk to the pot and stir to combine.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.
How can you serve yellow broccoli soup? A: Hot, with bread or crackers
Is it okay to use discolored broccoli in soup? Answer: It is completely safe to eat yellow broccoli.